Experience unmatched natural beauty on this affordable Canadian holiday and Alaskan Cruise. Arrive in Vancouver for a morning guided tour of the coastal seaport, including Stanley Park. You’ll board your Rocky Mountaineer train for a 2-day trip following the Fraser River through snowcapped peaks to Kamloops. Travel through the Selkirk Mountains before entering Yoho National Park, and wind through the Spiral Tunnels before your train climbs Kicking Horse Pass. Cross the Continental Divide before entering Alberta and Banff National Park and onto Lake Louise Village for a night.
Spend two nights in Banff and see the natural bridge spanning Kicking Horse River, and visit Emerald and Moraine Lakes. Ascend Bow Pass for views of glistening Peyto Lake. Next, board the Ice Explorer on the 750-foot-thick ice of the Columbia Icefield. Travel through magnificent Jasper National Park, and arrive at the base of 12,972-foot Mount Robson on your way to Sun Peaks, then Whistler. Cross via ferry to Victoria for sightseeing and a visit to beautiful Butchart Gardens.
Embark on your 7-night cruise through the Inside Passage from Vancouver to Alaskan ports of call. Follow the coast through spectacular waterways to watch for orcas, whales, otters, and eagles. Dock in Juneau on the Gastineau Channel and visit the Alaskan capital’s rustic shops in town. Next port is Skagway, with its history of tough prospectors who passed through on their way to find Gold in the Yukon. Visit Skagway’s Trail of ’98 Museum for a glimpse into the Klondike Gold Rush of the 1800s. Cruise on to Glacier Bay, which has more actively calving tidewater glaciers than anywhere in the world. Your next port of call is the picturesque town of Ketchikan. This value-minded holiday in Canada with an Alaskan cruise is not to be missed and won’t soon be forgotten!
- Adventure is knocking with everything you need for perfectly affordable touring. Cosmos includes hand-selected accommodations, guided sightseeing, and seamless transportation between destinations—with value-minded travel lovers in mind. Explore with expert Cosmos Tour Directors and Local Guides, and private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach with free Wi-Fi where available. Enhance your free time to explore like a local with your CosmosGO mobile app!
- 2-day, all-daylight rail journey on board the Rocky Mountaineer® in SilverLeaf Service (GoldLeaf Service upgrades are available), a ferry crossing to/from Vancouver Island, and a 7-night Holland America cruise on the MS Zaandam are included.
- Cruise itineraries are provided by Holland America Line and are up to date at time of publishing. Your travel documents will contain the most current information.
- Your package price includes Holland America’s ‘Have It All Premium Cruise Package.’ Included for 2024: Signature Beverage package, $100 Shore Excursion Credit, One dinner in a specialty restaurant and Surf Wi-Fi package.
- At least one member of the travelling party must be 21 years of age or older.
- Visiting and participating in activities in this region may be subject to favourable weather conditions and vendor dates of operation.
- Maximum elevation on tour: 7,500 ft.